David's past projects include:
• Solution Lead for Wipro DC&W real-time drilling. Development of a real-time specific business capability within the DC&W practice. Creating and developing Real-time drilling IT solutions to fit business and industry needs,
• Technical Architect for a super Major on a high profile Real-time drilling global programme. Ensuring Functional Non-functional requirements and high level solution designs from lead architects are realised by physical and logical infrastructure and software. Architectural design of an industry leading WITSML test lab ensuring high level test methodology could be realised while maintain strict intellectual property rights.
• Architectural Design, quality assurance, and deployment for Real-Time drilling system to a major Gas Operator. Scope included: matching design to business requirements, alignment to Enterprise standards, vendor requirements, and ensuring the support model was fit for purpose.
• Architectural Design and quality assurance for a global Well Engineering function cost tracking and Rig scheduling system. Designing the E2E system (technology, implementation, testing, and support) within an agile development methodology.
• Solution architect for a Well integrity web portal application deploying across multiple business units. Working closely with Alaska based developers, ensuring the new system would fit into existing DC&W infrastructure.
• Solution Architecture and Rig based deployment for Real-time drilling system in Norway for a Major gas operator. Based on and off shore to provide management of the vendor and ensure risks were mitigated and implementation followed the agreed design.
• Architectural assessment and appraise for a fully virtualised DC&W application environment – Understanding workflows and business requirements to replace existing Citrix Application farms incorporating real-time drilling components.